About Holden Plant Rentals
Holden Plant Rentals was founded in 1955 by Patrick Holden at Deerpark Mullinavat, the original business mostly consisted of the sale and repair of cars and agricultural machineery. later in 1968 the business was appointed an angency for Zetor tractors in the Kilkenny and Waterford areas which turned the focus more on the agricultural sector.
In 1989 the business expanded into municipal equipment rental mostly to the local councils. This area rapidly expanded as demand grew for a business that could both supply and maintain specialist complex equipment.
The business also began supplying the CRH group including Roadstone, John A Wood, Irish Cement, Northstone and Irish Industrial Explosives, with Loading and Compaction equipment, later to become one of the groups primary suppliers of Vehicles and Plant in Ireland.
At the same time the Company became involved in the Waste Management business supplying Specialist Segregation Equipment, Rehandling Plant, Refuse Trucks, Shredders and Screens to the major Waste Management Companies in the Country.
Throughout this period the site at Deerpark Mullinavat was continually expanded to meet the demand created with numerous new buildings added over time with the completion of a new main office complex in 2011 in a €2m development part of which will house a new Information Technology section dedicated to supplying and servicing customers with Complete Fleet Management services.
The other sections of the development will house a new Parts stores section, an inhouse body repair area and additional administrative sections.